Maintaining your e-cig is often seen as the least enjoyable part of vaping. Why would you want to waste time cleaning your tank when you could be blowing huge clouds instead?
The answer is simply because you should.
Without the correct care and maintenance, your e-cig will not function properly and could potentially become problematic to use, so we’ve put together a very short guide about the most essential things to do to keep your e-cig functioning properly.
- Always put the lid back on once opened and store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- If your e-liquid has formed some crystals, gently warm it up in a bowl of warm water (not boiling, as this will cause issues with the contents and the bottle).
- Always use your coils within the recommended wattage or temperature range, as this will make them last longer and stop them from burning out.
- Rinsing a used coil with water can increase its lifespan for a short while; however, it is not recommended that you do this, as you may cause damage to the rest of your kit.
- Try to clean your tank every other week, or whenever you need to change to a fresh coil. Tanks can become clogged over time and won’t work to their full potential unless clean.
- When filled, store your tank in an upright position; this will prevent leaking and potential damage to your kit or any other personal items.
- Always make sure your mod is clean, whether this is from excess liquid or dirt. A clean mod is a happy mod, it also means you’re far less likely to drop it too.
- We’ve done a full post in regards to battery safety, please feel free to have a look.
- Store batteries correctly, in a sleeve or case.
- Don’t overcharge batteries or use unlicensed ones, as they can be dangerous.
- Do not use batteries if they are damaged in any way.
This is not a definitive list of maintenance tips; however, it should be enough to keep your device working to good order as well as keeping you safe from any potential accidents. Check out our post for more in-depth guides and tips about maintaining your e-cig.